Terms & Conditions / User Agreement
Welcome to mytherapycouch.com! The following Terms and Conditions, Disclaimer and Privacy Statement of the mytherapycouch.com Agreement have been created with your security in mind. Please read the Agreement carefully and in its entirety. All references to mytherapycouch.com throughout this Agreement shall include the website, forums, discussion groups and chat rooms, and its directors, officers, employees and agents, as applicable. If you agree to the terms and conditions provided herein, you will have access to any and all of the services provided by mytherapycouch.com, including forums, discussion groups and chat rooms. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions set forth herein, you will not have access to the forums, group discussions and chat rooms provided by mytherapycouch.com.
Terms and Conditions
1. All services provided by mytherapycouch.com are subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including and not limited to general information provided by the website as well as forums, discussion groups and chat rooms. This internet services is not intended to replace face-to-face consultation with a mental health professional, nor is it intended to provide in-depth psychotherapy. Rather, mytherapycouch.com is a source of quality information, practical medical answers, and online guidance for present problems.
2. Use of mytherapycouch.com and its forums, discussion groups and chat rooms, is intended for individuals who are 18 years of age or older and who do not suffer from any major mental health disorder.
3. The officers, directors, employees or agents of mytherapycouch.com ("We"), may modify the terms and conditions of mytherapycouch.com, in our sole discretion, by posting amended terms on this site. Your continued use of the site indicates your acceptance of any amendments to this Agreement.
4. You are solely responsible for communications and/or materials you post on mytherapycouch.com's forums, discussion groups or chat rooms. We reserve the right to monitor and edit the content posted on any of the site's forums, discussion groups or chat rooms and remove any offensive, illegal or prohibited content, including but not limited to, material, text, graphics video or audio that: is unlawful, threatening, harassing, libelous, bigoted, obscene, racially offensive, or otherwise offensive; is sexually explicit; encourages conduct that is a criminal offense or gives rise to civil liability; transmits "spam" or "chain letters;" transmits unsolicited advertisements; transmits any viruses; collects, stores or solicits information about the site's users; contains personally identifiable information about another user without that user's consent. We reserve the right to terminate, without warning, the account of any user that posts such prohibited materials.
5. The information provided by mytherapycouch.com, including that of its forums, discussion groups or chat rooms, may be downloaded or printed for personal use only. Downloading, framing or printing the information provided by the site for commercial use is strictly prohibited, unless prior written consent is specifically provided by mytherapycouch.com. Copyrighted material of any nature may not be posted on the site without the express written consent of its owners.
6. Your registration for mytherapycouch.com must be true and correct, and you must correct your registration if any of your registration information changes. You shall not allow a third party to access the site through use of your registration. You shall not post any information or materials that you know, or reasonably should know, to be false, and you shall not mislead others about your identity, including but not limited to, information regarding your education, credentials, knowledge or experience.
7. This Agreement and the terms and conditions set forth herein, shall be construed and governed by the laws of region where the therapist providing therapy resides. The parties to this Agreement agree that any claim, controversy or dispute arising from this Agreement or a breach thereof, or from any use of mytherapycouch.com, shall first be subject to mediation between the parties. Judgment upon the award entered by the arbitrators shall be binding upon the parties and may be entered by either party in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in region where the therapist providing therapy resides. Parties shall split the cost of mediation equally. The prevailing party shall be entitled to an award of all reasonable costs and attorneys' fees incurred by reason of the dispute, including any costs of expert witnesses or consultants. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this provision, please consult an attorney.
8. I have read the above terms and conditions in its entirety, and I understand and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If I do not agree with the above terms and conditions of this Agreement, I may not view or use any of the information, forums, discussion groups or chat rooms provided by mytherapycouch.com.
9. IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU ARE A DANGER TO YOURSELF OR OTHERS, OR IF YOU ARE HAVING THOUGHTS OF SUICIDE, PLEASE CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY AND NOTIFY THE POLICE OR EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES.
10. MYTHERAPYCOUCH.COM DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS, INCLUDING WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR CONTENT OF ANY AND ALL MATERIAL, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES POSTED ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE, AS WELL AS ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS, OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT AND MATERIALS ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. USER AGREES TO USE THE SITE SOLELY AT HIS/HER OWN RISK.
11. Mytherapycouch.com is not liable for any act or omission taken by any user or third party in reliance upon any information provided by mytherapycouch.com.
12. Mytherapycouch.com is committed to protecting the privacy of its visitors. Any personal information provided to mytherapycouch.com is protected and secured 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by 2048-bit Department of Defense-level encryption, in a tier 1 high-security datacenter with on-site security staff. If any future changes to this Privacy Statement are to be made, such changes shall be announced at least one week prior to the effective date of the change. Protected personal information includes: last names, first names, street addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, credit card information, age, city, state, country, zip code, area code, occupation, how clients found out about mytherapycouch.com, visits to mytherapycouch.com, opinions, comments, social status, disciplinary actions, and intentions for visiting the site.
13. The only information that will be required from you to obtain registration to mytherapycouch.com is the following:
- a. Username
- b. Password/Confirmation
- c. E-mail address
- d. Date of birth
- e. Gender
14. There are three exceptions to our assurances of confidentiality:
- a. Any suspicion of risk of child or elder abuse, based on the beliefs of the professional, must be reported to welfare or law enforcement authorities, according to United States law.
- b. If you are involved in a court case in which your relationship with mytherapycouch.com is somehow relevant, United States courts have the power to subpoena our records.
- c. If someone's life is in danger, the professional may choose to report it. This applies to all potential cases of suicide or homicide.
15. You have a responsibility in protecting your own privacy. We urge you to logout after each use of the mytherapycouch.com site in an effort to keep your personal information safe, particularly in cases where another person may be using the same computer after your mytherapycouch.com session. We further urge you not to share your username and password with anyone and to avoid leaving confidential information on your computer screen for others to see.